Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Libertadores

No this is not a post about independence from colonialism nor the United States. This is about the second (well I guess third best if you win this) soccer/futbol event in Latin America (and now the U.S. for lucky teams).
It's the Libertadores!!!!! woohoo!!!
Yes, they have begun.
and my team is in it, only the best Brazilian team ever...that's right...the Corinthians!!!!
Corinthians, corinthians minha vida...
ok I'm not going to sing the whole song for you.
I realize this is no Champions league, but for all Latin American teams Libertadores is by far the best tournament. Teams from all over Latin America, well actually South America, Mexico, and now the U.S. (I'm pretty sure Central America doesn't get to participate and it was the U.S.'s first time last year, which I find very exciting, although I don't think one is playing this year) get to battle it out in best of two matches, with the winner going to Japan for the World Club Cup, last year Sao Paulo won the cup beating Europe's best...who says Europe has better soccer...maybe its because half of Latin America plays there (at least that's what my Brazilian friends like to say).
So anyone that's interested in soccer and wants to watch the finesse of Latin America instead of the physical game of Europeans should try and see if you can catch a game...
which I highly doubt is possible unless you watch telemundo or univision, since U.S. sports channels other then Fox World Sports pays little to no attention to soccer even if it's in the U.S.

Vai Corinthians!!!!

No comments: