Thursday, February 09, 2006

Fidel

After hearing that Fidel (aka "El Comandante" aka "El Caballo" aka - my personal favorite - "El Jefe Maximo") no longer smokes cigars, I became curious about when and why he stopped.

As it turns out, not only did he quit smoking cigars in 1986, but he has since spoken out against the perils of smoking. In 2005, laws were enacted to limit smoking in Cuba. The restrictions on smoking announced by the Cuban government (aka Fidel) in 2005 are detailed in this article from the BBC.

So, Fidel really isn't the chimney we all thought he was. It's just like Will Smith said:
"Ciga-Cigar
Right from Cuba-Cuba
I just bite it
It's for the look
I don't light it"

1 comment:

Huck said...

Confidential to Fidel: My friend, there is room enough in this world for only ONE "Jefe Maximo" and, I'm sorry to say, you are not it.