Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Costa Rican Volunteer programs

All that talk about Service Learning in class today made me think of my favorite Latin American country, the only one I've been to, Costa Rica. This website is one of many that offers an opportunity to lend a hand to worthy causes in the region. Another relevant site is the Panamerican Center of Languages Site of Costa Rica, or CPI for short. CPI is a school I went to this past summer for students and adults of all ages wishing to study Spanish. You can even get college credit for your time there, and I highly recommend checking it out. Costa Rica is a gorgeous country with some really great people, and my trip was as much recreational as it was academic. There's also opportunities for community service through the CPI site.

1 comment:

Huck said...

Great links! Thanks for posting them.