Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Nude Art

I was reading on cnn.com today about 1500 Venezuelans who bared it all on a main thoroughfare in Caracas in front of a statue of Simon Bolivar all in the name of art. They were being photographed by an American (go figure) photographer who does this sort of thing all over the place. Many of the participants called the exeperience 'liberating', which I found amusing since they were in front of a statue of the liberator. I'm not really sure why I chose to post on this, it just struck me as amusing and I suppose to an extent it signifies aspects of the cultural revolution taking place across the world in traditionally conservative societies as a result of american cultural imperialism. You can find the whole story here: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/03/19/venezuela.nude.ap/index.html

No comments: