Thursday, January 19, 2006

Little Brazil

I was reading the New York Times on the internet, and there was this interesting clip I found pertaining to Latin American Studies. I always wondered how small immigrant communities like Little Italies or Chinatowns started up. This is just a short movie describing a small Brazilian community in New York. It seems like a lot of fun. I was especially interested in the food and restaurants they showed because I always like to try new foods. I hope you enjoy the movie.

To get there:
1. go to http://www.nytimes.com/
2. if you scroll down, as of January 19, 2006, there is a thumbnail about a third of the page down which is several guys playing drums and has a caption "Brazil in Astoria, Queens"

I didn't know how to put the direct link on the blog. sorry.

No comments: