Friday, March 04, 2005

Oliver Stone's Documentary about Castro

I just saw the documentary Comandante for the first time the other day on HBO. It is made by Oliver Stone, who also does the interviewing of Fidel Castro. I thought it was interesting for the audience to see exactly what Castro has to say, as well as his responses to U.S. policies. A lot of what he had to say did not surprise me, as I have had a few firends that have attended his speeches. Also, being a Latin American Studies major I have had to study both sides of the issue of Cuban-U.S. relations. I thought Fidel Castro explained his side perfectly. Here is the imdb page for the movie- Comandante. On this page you can click the link to external reviews and see what film critics have to say about it, both politically and cinematically.

No comments: