Monday, February 07, 2005

I Am the Frito Bandito

IyEEEE IyEEEE IyEEEE IyEEEE
I am the Frito BanditoI Love Fritos Corn chips
I Love them I do
I Love Fritos Corn chips
I Steal Them from you !

Iyeee Yiii Yiii Ya Yiiiiiii
I am the Frito Bandito
Give me some Fritos and I'll be your friend
The Frito Bandito you must not offend!

Iyeee Iyeee Iyeee Iyeee,
I am the Frito Bandito.
I like to eat Fritos I like to I do.
If you have some Fritos I'll eat them for you !

Professor Huck mentioned the Frito Bandito in class as some of the American images of Latin America, so I decided to do a little search. You can find not only the video, but also some audio clips regarding this Frito Bandito.

Personally, I must admit that this is a horrible portrayal of Latin Americans. But it's pretty funny at the same time. Most of the websites I found regarding this Bandito were nostalgic websites that wanted to remember this guy.

You can find an audio clip and a video clip at this site. You need real media player to see it. (I recommend real alternate player so you don't get all the spyware crap.) You have to read the small print to find the files, but it is there. Click here.

No comments: