Friday, September 24, 2010

Reacción a Capoeira en Newcomb

http://www.martialartsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Capoeira.jpg
After we had our Capoeira demostration on Newcomb Quad where we learned a few rules to capoeira, I got a text from one of my friends asking me what I was doing in the middle of the quad with a woman with Rafiki's stick. Needless to say, I chuckled at the reference, but it did kind of shock me that not that many people knew about capoeira.
I saw a group performing it at Reily Rocks during welcome week, and I thought everyone jsut knew about it. Apparently, I was wrong, however, becfause I had to explain to all of my friends at lunch that day. They're all intrigued, but still kind of in the dark about it. I think it should be more well-known and I'm kind of sad that it's not. I know when I go home for Thanksgiving and for winter break that I won't be able to tlak about it as freely as I do here, and that's a shame. I'll just have to introduce all my rural friends to it, I guess. :]

No comments: