Tuesday, September 14, 2010

One Of My Favorites

For those who have been lucky enough to have listened to the wonderful Mexican/American rock guitarist Carlos Santana, im sure that you will agree with me when I say that the is one of the most talented musicians of the twenty first century (and for those who don't agree, I rest my point in the fact that he was number 15 on Rolling Stone's list of "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time") . He was born on July 20th, 1947 and became famous with his band Santana in the 1960s and 70s. He introduced a new Latin sound into the American rock scene by using timbales and congas and has won 10 Grammy Awards and 3 Latin Grammy Awards. His cover of Tito Puente's song "Oye Como Va", which means "Hey, Hows it Going?" in english is one of my favorite songs of all time because to this day it has a sound that is unlike anything else in todays music scene. Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NsJ84YV1oA

No comments: