Thursday, April 19, 2007

Zapatista Website

After reading the article for this Wednesday's class about the Zapatista's use of the Internet to disperse their ideas, I was inspired to go and check out the websites that are dedicated to the Zapatista movement in Chiapas, Mexico. I had a hard time trying to discover if their was one official website for the Zapatistas. There were many sites supporting the Zapatistas and telling their history. This website that I found shares the beliefs of select members of the movement, along with pictures. I found it very interesting. Apparently the Zapatistas have a discussion Yahoo group in which inquiring minds can join in and talk about Zapata or the Zapatista movement. I think this illustrates the same point we were discussing in class, that the Zapatista movement uses the newest technology at hand to spread their message internationally.
It was a very interesting site.
Here is the link -
http://www.zapatistas.org/

No comments: