Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Have you Ever Wanted to go to Haiti?

Labadee, Haiti
Whenever I hear people discussing the unique places they've traveled to I join in the conversation by saying I've been to Haiti. You may be wondering just what there's to do in Haiti--it doesn't exactly seem like the most tourist prone spot especially after the devastating earthquake. Well, I visited a private island of Haiti called Labadee during a cruise. I was able to enjoy tropical beaches while talking to Haitian natives. Tours were offered as well that allowed people to see first hand poverty in the nation. My brother even saw a boat being built with the intention of escaping the country. More info!
(Above photo taken by me on the gorgeous beach we all went to. Stands were set up selling Labaduzze drinks, possibly a rival to our New Orleans hurricanes and hand grenades!)

No comments: