Here's a look at numbers for detainees past and present at the detention center that opened in 2002 at the U.S. base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba:
• Currently held at: 215.
• Released or transferred out of Guantanamo: About 565.
• Transferred to the United States so far: One, Ahmed Ghailani, who is awaiting trial in New York.
• Convicted by military commissions at Guantanamo: Three, including two who have completed their sentences, with one now free in Australia and another in Yemen.
• Cases considered viable for prosecution in federal courts or by military commissions: About 65.
• Cleared for release by a government task force as of late September: 78.
Source: AP archives.