Friday, April 01, 2005

El Chalten, Argentina

Well, as I sit outside enjoying the sunshine, I can't help but think that summer is right around the corner. Ahh vacation...but where in the world to go? As we all know, Latin America is full of beaches and exotic beauty (and beauties), but often people forget that not all of Latin America is a tropical paradise...they've got glaciers too. My favorite excursion thus far has been a trip El Chalten, Argentina, a little hippy town in the middle of the Andes where my friend and I hiked out from to start our two week backpacking adventure in Argentina's Glacier National Park. To my dismay, El Chalten actually has a tourism website (www.elchalten.com). Check it out to find out more about hiking the Andes Glaciers...or just to cool down as things get humid here in the N.O.

No comments: