Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Neighbors Link - Mt. Kisco, NY

Here's a link to the website of the center for Latino immigrants that I worked at this past summer in New York. This page has some interesting facts about the immigrants that I was surprised to learn myself, so hopefully you'll find them as interesting as I did. I think they may clear up a lot of misconceptions we often have about the immigrants in our communities. I gained a lot more respect for them after seeing this information. Enjoy!

3 comments:

db. said...

I'm from this town! I know a lot of these immigrants, I see them around a lot. I never got around to volunteering there although a lot of my close friends did. How did you find it?

Moll said...

I volunteer at Neighbor's Link!

Everyone there is great, my mom even works there as the development director. Its a great part of my life.

dearest beloved: if you are interested in volunteering you can message Luisa Granda on facebook or you can look at the website and call the number and ask for luisa. It's really easy!

pwolff said...

I started volunteering there during the school year as an English tutor and then I ended up interning there for the summer. I have nothing but praise and admiration for that organization. I wish there was one of them here in NOLA!! =]