Friday, March 28, 2008

Follow Up on Cuba Presentation

When I gave my presentation on Cuba, I remember someone asking if Raul Castro would follow in his brother's footsteps. Well I found this article on CNN.com that shows that Raul Castro might be open to giving the Cuban people more freedom. A news story mentions that Raul Castro is lifting the ban on cell phones and allowing all Cubans who want one to be able to own a cell phone. Previously this luxary was reserved to those who worked in foreign firms or held key positions in the communist state. Though this is just a minor step, it shows Raul Castro being open to allowing the Cuban people more independence.

Also for a little entertainment I found a YouTube clip of the king of Spain telling Chavez to shut up. Since we talked about it on Wednesday I figure I would post it for all to see. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB_fvVLdmRI

No comments: